Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sweet Fairy Wishes ...

Hey Ya's!  Hope you are all starting off to a wonderful week so far!

As most of you know, Lili of the Valley's 10th Birthday was celebrated on May 10th in their UK shop .. and I've heard what a blast it was!  Truly wish I could have been there too but luckily, I got to see a lot of beautiful photo's taken throughout the day of their wonderful celebration!  Happy Birthday LOTV!!!!!!  Wishing you another FABULOUS year and many many more years of success!!!

This was a "secret" card that I sent into the shop for their Birthday Party  .. as they had a guessing game in the shop for the customers!  ;)  I used one of the older fairies called "On Tiptoe", and coloured her using Distress Reinkers and Watercolors.  I've outlined her just once with my white pen.




The tree branch is from a stencil and I used modeling paste for this .. but as you can see .. I totally messed it up and it smeared in a lot of places.  What in the world right?!!!!  hahahaha!  

At first, I didn't include the flowers and birds .. until my hubby said .. "Oh yea!  The clouds look nice!"  I was like, "Clouds?!  What clouds?!!!!!!!!  It's a TREE BRANCH!"  hahahahhaha!!!  So, that's when I realized that I had to add flowers and birds to make it look "somewhat" like a tree branch!  ;)  hehe!

Thank you SO very much for visiting me .. I truly love it when you do!  I'll see you again very soon!!  ;)

Big Hugs,
Elise

23 comments:

Za ovinkom said...

Oh, sweet Elise your card is fantastic!!!! Love flowers on it and birds and fairy of course! :)
Another beauty from you.
Hugs,
Jasmina

Debbie Tinks said...

Love the card ....happy crafting ..x

Carol S. said...

Fabulous Elise!! Tiptoe is still my favourite LOTV stamp and your colouring is just divine. By far the best of any of the blogs I follow. There is something about your colouring technique, that I just can't find the words to describe. Stunning, stunning card and your tree branch is great. Biggest hugs, Carol S.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Elise love the colour's and design
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I love the colours,and it doesnt look messed up to me just looks perfect huggles Pops x x x

Elaine said...

Morning Elise another beautiful card, love the stamp x

Jane Savage said...

So beautiful, Elise! Wonderful colouring and I love that branch it looks amazing! Clouds indeed!! :) xx

Annette said...

It's gorgeous Elise. I love the pretty LOTV fairy.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Marjolein said...

Gorgeous card and so different from all your other artwork! Love the simple elegance of your card.
This image is one of my fav from LOTV!
Your colouring is gorgeous as always, but I was wondering what you meant with 'outlined just once with my white pen'??
I couldn't see any white pen at all.
Bye,

Marjolein

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Elise. The sweet image is coloured so beautifully. I must try to do some white outlining sometime as it looks so effective. The branch looks fabulous and the added flowers and birds are beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Elise, love the beautifully coloured image.
Hugs
Caz x

Sanja Grdinić said...

Just gorgeous... :)

Lorraine said...

A stunning card Elise, my all time favourite LOTV fairy and you've coloured her beautifully. Love it.
Lorraine x

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! SweetElise,how elegant! and so very delicate,as if it is out of a fairy tale. I love this image somuch, your coloring is divine. the branch with flowers and birds is so so pretty. Love the touch of white to your coloring,adds a beautiful dimension in her hair. Hugs. xox

Sheri said...

I seriously just let out an audible gasp!! This is breathtaking. Elise!! I love it sooooooooooo much!!!

Gaby Dierx said...

Your cards are so romantic, so amazing!!! I'll be back...
Hugsss, Gaby

Dangina Martinez said...

Stunning as always. You out did yourself! Love the image and the sweet sentiment.
Hugs, Dangina

Ileana A. said...

Wow,idea of use modeling paste for tree branch is fantastic!Successful project and coloring is,as always, gorgeous!
Ileanaxxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, wow, wow! If the colouring weren't so stunningly 'you' Elise, I might have thought I'd stumbled onto the wrong blog! I don't think I've seen you do CAS, ever! Dang girl, that's utterly gorgeous and delish! I <3 your CAS chops! Hugs, Wends x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So beautiful, I love the branch with the pretty blossoms and this image is lovely.
Rebecca.

Juls said...

wow, love it, love the blossom come across the card, it frames the fairy perfectly! Hugs Juls

Tammi said...

I'd know your cards out of a line up, so unique! So funny your hubby thought your branch was clouds, men do seem to see things differently than us women at times! :) A beautiful creation, I think the added flowers/birds add a great touch!

Gail said...

This is so pretty. I totally hear your husband...mine says things very similar. Example: what is she standing in front of? Answer: those are her wings, she's an angel. Hahhahaa. Oh yes, I get some questions that make me look twice at my creation and realize I KNOW what it is, but, well, umm...gotta 'fix' that. This is fantastic and I don't even see the smears of the branch. Your painting is fabulous. I've been going through your blog, starting with present day and will soon have to stop due to time, but am going to put you on my blog as one of my "inspiration" places. Gorgeous artwork.