Sunday, May 11, 2014

I'll Meet You at the Moon ...

Hello there!!!!!  A huge Happy Mother's Day to all you sweet ladies .. I wish you all a most BEAUTIFUL day full of pampering!!!  :)

*Toward the end of my post .. I'll answer a question that some of you have asked me*

Today is a new Lovely Lili's Challenge over at the Ribbon Girl .. and it's soooo easy ... "Add Pearls"!  Who doesn't love some pearls right?!  :)

I've made a card with one of LOTV's newest GORGEOUS Fairy Release .. this one is called "Midsummer's Night" .. I loooooooove this cutie!  And I've made a little tag with words (and LOTV stamp corners) from a pretty song "Meet You at the Moon" by Imelda May.  Have you ever heard it?  Makes me think of being in an old fashioned smokey lounge, where everyone is dressed in such pretty attire with love in their eyes.  :)  hehe.

So, on my card, I have the pleasure of using such lovely goodies from the beautiful Ribbon Girl Store such as:  Ivory Pearl Flower Trim, Seam Binding, Vintage Printed Pink Rose Hessian Ribbon, Pink Velvet Lace, Cheesecloth, Cream Zig Zag Cotton Lace


Okay, some of you have asked what and how I did my white outlining on my images .. and it's very easy and fun!!!  Here's the Sakura white gel pen I use:


I've been trying this for over a month now .. and before, I'd only outline it ONCE.  The black lines soften.  But then I started outlining it TWICE for a much heavier white line.   Yes, it seems tedious to outline everything .. but honestly .. it's quite fun and the time flies quickly.

If you try it .. I'd love to see what you've done!  :)

Thank you so much for sticking with me on this long post!  Please don't forget to come over to the Ribbon Girls Challenge and join in on the fun .. plus see all my DT Sisters Gorgeous creations!

Have an AMAZING Mother's Day!!!  See you very very soon with something that is long overdue!  ;) Here is a teensy sneak peek of what is coming next:



Hugs,
Elise

21 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely card Elise and thank you for the great tip, I will definitely try this technique. Hope you have a great Mother's Day there, we had ours in the UK a while ago and my two children treated me to a lovely day, I was thoroughly spoilt, and also got some lovely crafty pressies.
Chris xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Elise, Happy Mothers Day. We had our MD in March, here in the UK. You never fail to wow me and all your followers, I am sure. Even without the white outline, your colouring is divine. The white just enhances it even more. I have one of these pens and use it quite often but never this way. I have ordered this stamp and 6 others yesterday. Can't wait to get my hands on them! Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sanja Grdinić said...

Perfect sentiment to go with this lovely image - gorgeous! :)

Claire said...

A beautiful card. Hugs, Claire x

Carole said...

Hi Elise. happy mothers Day to you! I bought this stamp yesterday at the LOTV birthday party daisy. I missed seeing you amongst all the designers...maybe next time eh? Your card is beautiful as ever...might have to get the white pen out and have ago!Hugs xx

Annette said...

She's gorgeous Elise, I'm really sad I didn't manage to get to the open day at LOTV yesterday, but hopefully this 'ickle beauty will be on her way to me next week! (yes I did make just a few (ok quite a lot) purchases online yesterday!!).
I love your beautiful inspiration as always.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Elise. I love the sweet image, the white outlining looks so effective and your colouring is amazing. All the detailing is totally gorgeous and makes the card so very special.
hugs Sue xx

Sheri said...

So dreamy and magical!! I love the feel of the sweetheart of a card!!

Za ovinkom said...

Another beauty Elise! It's gorgeous!!! Awesome design and perfect sentiment.
Happy Mother's Day!
Jasmina

Za ovinkom said...

Another beauty Elise! It's gorgeous!!! Awesome design and perfect sentiment.
Happy Mother's Day!
Jasmina

Holly Gwilliams said...

This card is gorgeous Elise. It's next on my list of things to buy from LOTV. I think I will try the whitelining on it too - it looks so good.

Holly x

Elaine said...

Wow stunning yet again Elise, must try the white outline great idea x

Tammi said...

Great tip, looks amazing on your cards...and this is such a gorgeous one, love that cute image! Pretty colors you chose for it. Wonderful sentiment too! Happy Mother's Day! ~hugs

Magda said...

It's just a picture of a fairytale !
Wonderful!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Sweet Elise, I noticed the white lines, and wondered how you made this effect, absolutely lovely.this image is so very sweet, your coloring is stunning. Fabulous lace and flowers, and this little tag is awesome. Lovelove the cute charms. You have such a way with decorative elements, absolutely fabulous card. Hugs. xox

Christina C. said...

How did I almost miss this beauty???? I love the effect the white lines create....gorgeous!!!!
Luscious details and such a sweet image! Such a magnificent creation!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is so magical! I've ordered this beautiful image so I'm loving your fabulous inspiration whilst I'm waiting for her to arrive! Your white outlining technique looks brilliant.
Rebecca.

Juls said...

oooooh wow wow wow, love it!! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

oooooh wow wow wow, love it!! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

oooooh wow wow wow, love it!! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

oooooh wow wow wow, love it!! Hugs Juls