Thursday, May 29, 2014

Daydreaming of You ...

Hey Ya's!  Are you all having a wonderful week?  I hope you are!

I have to share with you a little story about my lovebug Bodhi which happened this past weekend.  :)

There is a new Lego Store that opened up in town and I wanted to surprise him and take him there.  So I told him to get ready so we could go out.  
Bodhi says,"Where to?"
I said, "Michaels Craft Store."
Bodhi says, "Again?!!!!  We were just there yesterday?!"  ahahahahah - typical male response right?!!  ;)
I said, "I forgot something."
Bodhi says, "Okay."  ;) .. that's my boy!  ;)

Soooo .. we're driving .. and he doesn't even realize that I'm not even driving to Michaels .. LOL!  I arrive at the mall and he STILL does not think anything is different.  He just asks, "Have I ever been here before Mommy?"  I said, "Nope."

I had NO idea where the store was and although I tried to follow the directory .. it was basically useless to me and confused me even further.  hehe.  But all of a sudden, Bodhi saw an advertisement in the middle of the walkway saying, "The Lego Store is NOW OPEN" .. and this was his reaction ..

GASP!!!  **eyes HUGE and arms wrapped around me**  "Mommmmmmmy!  Did you know the Lego Store is here?!  You tricked me!!  Did you know you were taking me here?!  Oooh Mommmmmy!  You came here for me?!"

BUT!  The best part about it was .. his face.  :)  It lit up like it was Christmas Morning .. and his face got SOOOOO red with excitement .. it almost brought tears to my eyes because my heart felt so happy.  ;)  So after about 20 minutes .. we finally found the store!  lol!  And let me tell you .. I enjoyed it just as much as Bodhi did!  ;)

Anyway ... hehe .. I've made a card using one of LOTV's newest SWEET Fairies and this one is called "Catkins".  I've draped the rosebuds downward in hopes that it will resemble the flowers in the image.

The gorgeous lace is from a dear friend .. thank you so much I LOVE it!  :)



Hope you all got to spoil yourselves with these gorgeous fairies .. you KNOW you deserve it!  ;)

Please also check out my Beautiful DT Sisters creations on their personal blogs as well as on LOTV'S Inspirational Blog .. as they are just AMAZING!

Thank you SO much for sticking with me through such a long post and for visiting me .. I love it when you do!  I'll see you again soon!

Big Hugs,
Elise

17 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Elise fabulous colour's and design and what a fabulous surprise for your little boy
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jane Savage said...

Oh, Elise, your little boy is so precious! He must be such a joy to you every second of the day! Hope you didn’t spend too much in the Lego store!! :)
Gorgeous card with beautiful embellishments! Stunning! xx

Annette said...

Oh Elise, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your lego story. I can almost feel the excitement myself. Your little lad sounds so lovely.
Love your gorgeous card too, love the white lines. And yes, I did give in to the little fairies. And love them!
Hugs
Annette
xx

Linda said...

A beautiful story followed by a beautiful card and both of them super sweet. I must admit you made me feel very nostalgic for when my 2 were small and I used to dream up ways to surprise them *sigh* I do miss it, they're a lot harder to surprise now they're grown up lol.
Oh and I think your draped flowers work just perfectly :) xx

Debbie Tinks said...

Lovely card ....happy crafting ...x

Sue said...

Awwwww you really cheered me up with your heart-warming tale Elise. Such a lovely surprise for your wonderful son!
Your card is stunning. I love that sweet image, your colouring is amazing and your pretty flowers are arranged so beautifully too.
hugs Sue xx

Carole said...

Wonderful card Elise, I love this fairy, and thanks for sharing your wonderful story about the trip to the Lego store. Hope it wasn't too much of an expensive trip!! Hugs xx

Sheri said...

AH!! What a sweet, sweet story! ♥

I can't even tell you how much I love this card!! The coloring is of course thud worthy and that totally adorable image...and that perfectly placed flower bouquet!! WOWZERS!!!

Gaby Dierx said...

Dear Elise, this one is a beauty!!!
I love your cards, amazing!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Lorraine said...

What a brilliant surprise for Bhodi. My Tom is a huge lego fan...I think I could set up my own shop!!
your card is gorgeous Elise. I love the new fairies and this one is beautifully coloured. The flower arrangement looks fabulous too. Love it.
Lorraine x

Elaine said...

What a wonderful sweet story, bet it was so much fun. A beautiful card xxx

Carol S. said...

Adorable card, another stunner! I love this stamp but your colouring is far above mine! Brilliant outlining again. Loving the fairy heart embellishment. I would love to have seen Bodhi's face. I think I would have been in tears. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Rosie said...

Girl, I was reading your post and getting all excited for him!! I bet he had the best time ever!! Your card is amazing as always!! Love ya girl!

Pop's Cards said...

Ohhh this is absolutely gorgeous!! hugs Pops x x x

Danielle Champagne said...

OH!!!!!!! I love the story about the lego store,dear Elise. kind of visit I would have enjoyed with my boys! Now... about your card, you know Ilove your work always.but this time, this card is exquisite. I loooooooooove this pretty little fairy, love her dreamy look, love your coloringtechnique,the idea of outlining in white is so very unique. It reminds me of stain glass. Everything on the card is fabulous, so precious. Have a nice weekend sweetie.xox

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Adorable card and fabulous colouring, as always :) I love it Elise :)

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such an adorable story, I'm glad you both had such a good time! Love your card, this is one of my favourites from the new release and the downward facing roses look beautiful!
Rebecca.