Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Believe ...

Hey Ya's!  I hope you're having a beautiful week so far!

Well .. I've finally made my first mixed media canvas!!!  Oh my gosh!  I bought a whole bunch of blank white canvases a couple of months ago .. and it has been sitting in my room .. waiting ever so patiently! 

My inspiration comes from an AMAZING artist by the name of Gabrielle Pollacco .. truly inspiring work!  I can see myself delving into these mixed medias as it's such a big space to let your happiness wander into.  :)



I've made it so the cherub image (got this image from Janet K Designs) can be removed and replaced with a personal photo: 



This canvas is 9 X 12 inches long and wow .. lemme tell you .. it was fun!

I've gotten to use some yummy goodies from the Ribbon Girl store such as:
Prima Cherub, Cheesecloth, Seam Binding, Prima Birdhouse, Bird Charm, Pearl/Diamante trim, Alice White Flower Lace Trim, Amelia Lace

And I've also used some lace from a very dear friend which she gave me for my Birthday  .. thank you I so love it and I'm trying my best not to hoard it.  hehe!!

Hope I'll have another one to show you soon!  ;)

Thank you ever so much for visiting me .. I truly love it when you do!  And I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Elise

19 comments:

Debbie Tinks said...

Love the canvas ...lovely ..happy crafting ....x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Stunning and beautiful Elise just love the colour's and fabulous design
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is simply stunning, huggles Pops x x x

Carole said...

Clever thing ! This is so pretty Elise and the removable picture such a clever idea! You are a very talented young lady. I bet this will hang proudly somewhere in your home, to nice to give away! xx

Sue said...

WOW! This is truly stunning Elise.
I love how you made it so that a personal photo can be placed in the frame. All the detailing you have added looks so beautiful in such gorgeous soft colours. I especially love the cute birdhouse.
hugs Sue xx

Jane Savage said...

Oh my gosh, Elise, my mouth is still open! This is absolutely EXQUISITE!! xx

Dena said...

Elise! All I can say is "WOW"!!!!!! What an unbelievable work of art! This is stunning! Such a gorgeous way to express yourself and all that inner art. You have outdone yourself Elise! I totally love every bit of it!!!!
Big hugs, Dena

Christina C. said...

OMG...OMG....swooning!!!!! Only you can create a canvas which has the same dreamy quality as all of your cards. This is a phenomenal work of art, my friend!!!!!!WOW.....I am in awe!!!

Dangina Martinez said...

Love what you've done with the canvas! The frame and fence look amazing as do all your embellishing! This is something to cherish.
Hugs, Dangina

Carol S. said...

Words fail me, as there are no words to describe this unbelievable, stunning art work. I would just love to have a little piece of your incredible talent. I love every detail. Biggest hugs, Carol S.xx

Annette said...

You never cease to amaze me Elise. This is lovely and really different. I know what you mean about trying not to hoard stuff too though!.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sharon said...

Such a stunning piece of work Elise. The design is beautifully embellished.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Elaine said...

This is a wonderful piece of art ! So pretty xx

Mo said...

This is suuuuuuuuuper BEAUTIFUL dear Elise, so delicate and stunning with every single detail - you're an artist my dear !!!
Lot's of LOVE,
Mo

Danielle Champagne said...

OMG.... This is totally adorable. I am in awe. I lovelove love the dreamy "ambiance", love the beautiful elements you used to create your layout. Everything is so harmoniously put together, and so delicate. Precious I would add. Fabulous work sweet Elise. Hugs. xox

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Oh wow, this is just breathtakingly beautiful! All of the embellishments look incredible. Would love to see some more canvases!
Rebecca.

Sheri said...

OHMYGAWD!!! This is breathtaking!! I mean it..I am in love with every single bit of it!! Cannot wait for more mixed media from you, Elise!

Ileana A. said...

I know Gabrielle Pollacco, his works are fantastic, and this your creation is wonderful as well! Every detail is accurate and the idea of the image that can be removed is very nice!
Ileanaxxx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! so so soft and pretty!! Hugs Juls